Are you facing the problem where your AOL Desktop Gold cannot connect with the internet? If yes, then then it is a serious issue that must be resolved quickly to fix the problem at hand. Before you begin the troubleshooting steps, you need to find out the reason why this error occurs in the first place. For fixing this error, you need to install AOL Desktop Gold on your system by first removing the previously installed version of the software.
Why Won’t AOL Desktop Gold Connect to the Internet?
For troubleshooting the internet connectivity issue in AOL Desktop Gold, you first need to find in which category the error faced by your fall.
1st Reasons: Operating System is the Culprit
When you cannot connect AOL Desktop Gold to the internet by using Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer
2nd Reasons: Due to Incorrect Computer Settings
If you are not able to connect to AOL Gold to the internet on one computer but when you use other systems, you are able to connect with the internet. It means the computer setting used by you is incorrect.
3rd Reason: Problem with Network/Router/ISP
Sometimes the problem is with your ISP, router, or modem then also your AOL Gold won’t connect with the internet. If you cannot diagnose what the actual reason behind the internet connectivity is then you will find it challenging to resolve the issue.
Resolve AOL Desktop Gold Won’t Connect to the Internet
Now no need to create more fuss, you can start with the solution of AOL Gold not connecting with the Internet.
1st Solution: Enable Automatic LAN Detect Settings
You can get rid of the connectivity issue by following given below steps:
- Open Google Chrome then click on the three-dot icons present in the top left corner.
- Select Settings > “Advanced option” > “System” section > “Open Proxy Settings” > “Connection” > From Internet Properties Windows > LAN Settings.
- Check to see that the “Automatically detect settings is enabled” and the “Use a proxy server for LAN” is also enabled.
2nd Solution: Disable the Internet Protected mode
Following steps must be executed:
- Open your favorite Web browser and then tap on the Tools > Settings > Advanced option > System > Proxy Settings > Security Tab
- Now you have to uncheck the “Enhanced Protected Mode” box to disable it.
3rd Solution: Update the System Driver
Make sure that you have downloaded all the latest drivers for your system as the outdated driver may be the reason behind the connectivity issue. You need to be sure about the version of the driver that you want to install on your system.
- Download the Network card drivers on your system from a trusted source.
- After downloading it, you need to install network card drivers and see if the problem is solved or not.
If these solutions don’t work for you, then you need to download AOL Gold again and then reinstall it on your system. However, you need to be sure that you are downloading the latest version of the desktop software on your system.