One common issue which the users face while working on AOL Desktop Gold is when their software freezes while functioning. This is an issue which is faced by several users. Often when users download AOL Desktop Gold on their system, they would at one point or the other have to face this issue. The users can learn about solving this issue by going through this complete blog.
General methods to solve AOL frozen screen malfunction
The users can easily follow the below-given troubleshooting methods to solve the issue:
- Users have to restart their system to close all the unnecessary programs which are running on the backend. This would also create enough space for AOL Gold to function smoothly.
- The users would also have to scan their system for any kind of Trojan, Worms, or Virus, which might be causing the malfunction on your system.
- The users must also make sure that the device is connected to a secure and stable internet connection.
- Users can access the AOL Gold software files and then try launching the program from the icon present there.
If you feel that the internet is not letting you access AOL Desktop Gold freely, then you would have to take a look at the below-given instructions:
- The users can execute the ‘Backup and Restore’ process from the system to get the operating system back to its previous state.
- If you find that AOL freezes on the Internet Explorer 11 despite having done the system restore, you would then have to reinstall or repair the Internet Explorer or any other browser which you have been using.
Steps to resolve the issue of AOL Gold freezing and not loading pages
The ways in which the users can solve the issue where their AOL Desktop Gold freezes and does not load the pages is as stated below:
Solution 1: Download and Run AOL Desktop Gold in Compatibility mode
Most of the times this issue takes place when the users are running an older version of AOL Desktop Gold on their system. Therefore the users must uninstall the old software and reinstall the updated AOL Desktop Gold on the system. To get this done, the users should do as mentioned below:
- The users would have to download AOL Desktop Gold from a reliable source.
- Now save the AOL Gold installer file on the desktop and then right-click to select its properties.
- Then the users would have to choose the compatibility mode and also check the option ‘ Run this program in compatibility mode.’
- Further, click on the drop down box and then choose the previous operating system.
- Finally, you would have to tap on OK and then try installing AOL Gold again.
Solution 2: Run the AOL Desktop Gold software as Administrator
- Right-click on AOL Desktop Gold and choose the properties.
- Click on the shortcut tap on the window which has opened.
- Now you would have to click on the ‘Advanced’ tab and then check ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- Finally, the users should have the changes made and then try re-launching AOL Gold.
When the users install AOL Desktop Gold on the system, there are often high possibilities that they would have to encounter the issue where AOL Desktop Gold freezes. This issue can easily be solved when the users follow the above-given steps accurately.