Are you facing the issue of freezing or crashing of browser in AOL Desktop Gold? If yes, then you need to resolve it as soon as possible so that you can easily access the browser. Before you fix the browser crashing error in AOL Gold software, you need to know the reason why this error occurs in the first place. Once you know the reason, then you can go through this blog to know how to fix this crashing error.
Steps to Fix Browser Crashing Error
You need to follow the below-mentioned steps to fix the crashing error in AOL Desktop Gold:
Perform System Restart
You need to perform a fresh system restart to fix this glitch. Remember you need first to close all the programs running on the desktop software before restarting your system.
Scan your Computer for Malicious Files
Use prominent antivirus software to scan your entire system and then remove the malicious files. Be sure to use the updated antivirus software while scanning your computer.
System Compatibility Check
One of the main reasons for the crashing of the browser in AOL desktop gold can be the system incompatibility. Thus, you must run a system compatibility check to fix the browser crashing error in the Desktop Gold. You can do it by following these steps:
- Click on the Window icon and then type ‘system’ on the search button.
- On the prompt list, choose ‘system’ and click to open it.
- Check to see if your system obeys with the below-mentioned specification
- Screen Resolution: Not less than 1068*768
- System processor: must be 266 MHz or faster
- Operating system: Window 8,9,10 or newer
- If you find any discrepancy, then get it fixed
Device storage: At Least 512 Hard disk space & 1 GB or more RAM
Remove temporary files
Sometimesoverloaded memory can be the reason behind the crashing issue of the browser. You will be amazed to know that by freeing the system storage, you can solve the crashing issue. You need to perform the disk cleanup from removing the junk and temporary files of your system.
- Go to the Window start button and then type ‘disk cleanup’ on the window search bar.
- Then click on the disk cleanup option.
- On the next Window, you have to choose the files you want to delete by simply marking the checkbox next to those files.
- Then finally click on OK.
If the problem persists then you can try to download AOL Desktop Gold again on your system. But before that, you need to remove the desktop software from your system and then try installing the software. However, make sure that you are installing the latest version of the AOL desktop Gold and you are using the official website to download the set-up file.